Policy & campaigns
The Social Economy Alliance is a new voice on the economy. More than twenty respected social enterprises, co-operatives, universities, housing associations, crowd-funders, social investors, think tanks and charities have come together to help shape political policy that’s better for the economy and society as a whole.
Its aim is to radically affect the way all political parties formulate social and economic policies in advance of the 2015 General Election. Its policies are designed to put power in the hands of people, foster bottom-up economic growth and take advantage of the many innovations that the UK’s social sector has created.
We have strategic partnerships with three government departments:
- Department for Business Innovation and Skills
- Cabinet Office – Office for Civil Society
- Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs
Alongside this we sit on a number of Boards and Committees, including:
- The Employee Engagement Taskforce
- Big Society Trust
- Small Business Forum
- Department of Health Strategic Partners Forum
- Department of Health Voluntary Sector Sounding Board
- Department of communities and local government partnership board