Finance and accounting
Shared Services to help meet the pressing needs of our members
Social Enterprise UK appointed Sabira Kanji, a new director of Corporate Services and Finance in January 2015 to head up the provision of its finance and accounting services.
Sabira, a former director of finance for various Not for Profit and for Profit organisations, has a wealth of experience including Shared Services. She will be leading our Finance & Accounting Shared Services team, offering finance and accounting services to SEUK member organisations.
Collation of financial data with basic recording of the income and expense of your business is the initial building block for all the services that we can assist you with:
- Basic accounting services including the recording of Sales, Purchases, Bank, Credit Cards, Travel and Entertainment Expenses, Cash Book, Nominal Ledger…
- Inputting data into financial software such as QuickBooks
- Processing receipts and expenses, calculating VAT and PAYE liabilities and recording other important information to ensure continuity and efficiency in all your supplier relationships
- Reconciliation of recorded cash movements against bank statements and general monitoring of cash balances to manage cash flow and mitigate against unplanned overdrafts
- VAT management and VAT returns
Understanding the financial information and converting it into management information that can be actioned by the management team. And going beyond the data and the information to provide insight and financial advice to help you run the business.
- Management reports from bookkeeping records
- Generating customer invoices.
- Credit control including monitoring and management of all trade debtors
- Cash flow forecasting and control
Preparation of financial statements from your accounting data to meet your statutory requirements.
- Balance Sheet reconciliations
- Debtor monitoring including the recording and reconciliation of outstanding invoices
- Fixed Asset schedules including asset registers and depreciation
Finance Director Services
Improving the way the Social Enterprise Sector transacts and uses data to intelligently commission and provide services is highly important at a time when thousands of pounds of efficiency savings are needed to ensure the sustainability of the Social Enterprise Sector.
To support you and your business at Board level as it grows:
- Strategic support to the Board
- Board Representation
- Monthly performance reviews
- Strategic financial and business planning
- More-strategic consultancy services which help SEUK Membership organisations adopt best-practice processes and harness the power of the data available to them
We look forward to working with SEUK Members and assisting you as customers in achieving greater financial stability and efficiency at affordable pricing.
For enquiries please contact Sabira.Kanji@socialenterprise.org.uk