Social Enterprise UK Social Impact Report 2013/2014
Our first ever Social Impact Report aims to look at the extent to which Social Enterprise UK made a positive social impact and achieved its mission of creating a UK environment where social enterprises thrive in the period from April 2013 to March 2014.
This year, with the help of our members, supporters and partners, we:
- Held events that were attended by more than 1,000 delegates.
- Created a Buy Social database of more than 10,000 social enterprises, to enable procurement professionals to build social supply chains in their businesses
- Increased the number of media articles we generated by almost a quarter – from 338 last year to 416 this year
- Recruited more than 400 member organisations to the Social Economy Alliance, in order to mount a cross-sector general election campaign
- Generated 233 entries to the Social Enterprise Awards
- Made a profit of 9% on our earned income. This increased from 8% the previous year
- Spent more than a third of non-salary purchasing with social enterprises
If you would like to ask us any questions about anything in the report, provide comments on SEUK’s work, or send ideas on how we can do better, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Published November 2014