Santander Social Enterprise Development Awards
The Santander Social Enterprise Development Awards is a national scheme offering community business support to social enterprises, as well as the opportunity to win up to £50,000 to help businesses grow.
The Social Enterprise Development Awards competition has now closed for this year.
The awards are targeted at established social businesses working in one of the following three areas:
- Improving communities via social inclusion
- Supporting disadvantaged people through training, skills and employment
- Creating a greener environment
The Award includes three prizes:
- £50,000 for social enterprises with a turnover of £250,000 - £500,000
- £30,000 for social enterprises with a turnover of £150,000 - £250,000
- £15,000 for social enterprises with a turnover of up to £150,000
Alongside the prize money, winning social enterprises will receive access to support from Santander including mentoring programmes, funding for internships and university business courses and training; as well as input from their local Community Foundation which will work with them to assess the social impact of their business and the prize fund on local communities.
Santander is a retail and commercial bank, based in Spain. Founded in 1857, Santander has 90 million customers, around 14,000 branches – more than any other international bank – and over 170,000 employees. In the UK, Santander (formed out of Abbey, Alliance & Leicester and the Bradford & Bingley retail network) has over 1,300 branches, around 4,500 cash machines and provides a full range of retail and corporate banking services to 24 million customers.